SWOBEN’s Connect & Collaborate: a special opportunity for Black entrepreneurs & supporters to network, learn, and engage in hands-on workshops.
The content delivered will be built on the initial foundational lessons that are part of SWOBEN’s core curriculum and be delivered by experts in fields such as marketing, business strategy, and legal.
This event is free for all attendees. Dress code: business casual.
Keep this page bookmarked for all your SWOBEN Connect & Collaborate event details. Information, including venue, date, time, and registration links, will be regularly updated to reflect our upcoming events.
Date: Wednesday, Nov 15, 2023
Time: 6:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Location: Empowerment Squared (East), 26 Arrowsmith Rd, Hamilton, ON L8E 4H8
This Connect & Collaborate event will feature delicious Caribbean food, great people, and insightful presentations, including:
- Developing Your Financial Roadmap – preparing your business for a loan with Erin Hunking from BDC
- Grant Writing – structuring an application for funding with Minerva Saddler Gray from Kuinua Consulting
- Pop-Up Markets – exhibiting your business at trade shows or markets with Cherise Warner-Richard from Cee Wee Designs.
Date: Monday, Nov 20, 2023
Time: 5:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
Location: EPICentre (Joyce Entrepreneurship Centre), 2nd Floor, 2455 Wyandotte St. W. Windsor, ON
- Financial Management 101 – with Sharisse Guyton, CEO & Co-Founder of Vision in Numbers
- Human Resources & Employment Law Tips – with Wanda Shreve, labour and employment lawyer, Shibley Righton LLP
- Rapid Monetization 101 – Lynn Perreault, Founder of Laughter Business Academy, Economic Development for Business Startups